Dr. (Prof.) Ramesh Dawar
DAB Path (USA), FICP
HOD - Pathology & Transfusion Medicine
MBBS from AIIMS, New Delhi, India in 1967
Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology from Kansas Univ. Medical Center U.S.A in 1973
Field of Interest
- Oncopathology with special interest in lymphoreticular diseases, female genital tract (ovary), breast diseases, oral cancer.
- Placental pathology especially in high risk pregnancies and intrauterine growth retardation.
She has guided theses of numerous MD, DM and Ph. D students, published over 75 papers in national and international journals and has extensive experience (more than 30 years) in cytology histopathology and oncopathology especially lymphoreticular and gynecological malignancies, breast cancer and oral cancer. She has done special studies on the placenta and its changes in high risk pregnancies and intrauterine growth retardation. During her stay at AIIMS she has looked after national and international research projects in these areas and held charge of many sections in the department of pathology especially the surgical pathology laboratory. She set up the Central Immunohistochemistry Laboratory at AIIMS.
She is a trained lead auditor and technical auditor for the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) and has audited numerous clinical laboratories in Delhi and around the country for accreditation.
She has been Secretary cum Treasurer of the Indian Association of Pathologist and Microbiologist, Delhi Chapter and organized numerous CMEs, National slide seminars and Conferences. She has been an active participant of Delhi Tumour Group and Delhi Breast Cancer Group. She is a fellow of the Indian College of Pathology. She has been an examiner (MBBS and MD) for Delhi University and other colleges around the country.
Association / Memberships
- Expert Member of Accreditation Committee - NABL
- Fellow Indian College of Pathologists
- Life Member of the Indian Association of Pathology and Microbiology
- Life member of Delhi Chapter of IAPM
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Cytology
- Member International Academy of Pathology
- Life Member Indian Society of Oncology
- Life Member of the Delhi Medical Association
- Life Member of the Indian Medical Association